Getting to know each other
We know meeting someone for the first time can be intimidating, and going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-racking. We want to help make your first experience at LifeSpring a great one!
LifeSpring meets every weekend on 2393 W Railway St, Abbotsford, BC V2S 2E3
- Worship Services: Sundays at 9:00am & 11:00am
- Belong Class: First 3 Sundays of the month at roughly 12:45pm
What can I expect?
How long is a LifeSpring service?
In total, a LifeSpring service is about 90 minutes in length. Services begin with the LifeSpring band leading the church in music – song lyrics are projected onto the screens so you can sing along and/or engage with worship however you feel most comfortable. After the music portion of service is complete, one of our pastors will come out to share an encouraging and hope-filled message about Jesus.
What is the culture like at LifeSpring?
Sunday’s at LifeSpring are exciting, casual, and relaxed. Come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
What about my kids?
We believe that kids should have a blast at church every single week – and at LifeSpring, we make this a priority. The other thing we make a priority is your children’s safety. Because of that, we have a detailed check-in process for our LifeSpring program the first time that you visit. You’ll want to leave yourself an extra ten minutes to get signed in for the LifeSpring Kids experience. Kids ministry is offered at every LifeSpring service for kids ages 0 through 12.
MEET YOUR PASTORS
BRYAN & DYANE DAVIS
Bryan and his wife Dyane spent the last decade serving at City Bible Church in Portland, Oregon where they had the opportunity to serve in many different areas of building the church. In April of 2015 they moved back to Canada to lead LifeSpring Church into the future. They are passionate about the local church and helping people grow in their relationship with the Lord.
Our mission gives definition to all we are and all we do as a church. Our mission statement is…
“LOVING PEOPLE TO LIFE IN CHRIST!”
Our Core values are built upon unchanging principles from God’s Word and really are the heartbeat of LifeSpring Church. We value…
1. DISCIPLES THAT DISCIPLE.
It’s all about: People, relationships, evangelism, growth
2. MAKING HIS PRESENCE A PRIORITY.
It’s all about: Worship, prayer
3. DOING THINGS WELL AND DOING THINGS RIGHT.
Its’ all about: Excellence and integrity.
4. NOT TAKING ANYTHING FOR GRANTED.
It’s all about: Gratefulness and hard work
5. NOT HOLDING BACK.
It’s all about: Generosity and passion
6. ENJOYING THE JOURNEY.
It’s all about: Joy and celebrating the wins
STATEMENT OF FAITH
THE FUNDAMENTAL TEACHINGS OF LIFESPRING CHURCH ARE REFLECTED IN THE FOLLOWING, CLEAR STATEMENTS:
• We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the Scriptures as originally given and that they are infallibly and uniquely authoritative and free from error of any sort in all matters with which they deal. 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16
• We believe in the Eternal God-head who has revealed Himself as ONE God existing in THREE persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; distinguishable but indivisible. Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14
• We believe in the literal, special creation of the existing space-time universe and all of its basic systems as indicated in Genesis. Genesis 1; Nehemiah 9:6; Isaiah 42:5; John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17
• We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness. Romans 5:12,18
• We believe that sin is a transgressing of, or falling short of, God’s standard in action, thought, and character. All individuals are born with a sin nature that affects their motivation, affection, volition, and actions. The results of sin include separation from God, and death. Romans 3:10,23; 6:23; 14:23; James 4:17; 1 John 5:17
• We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, fully God and fully man. Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Matthew 1:21; Luke 1:26-35; John 1:1
• We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples. Romans 4:25; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
• We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for the Church. Matthew 24; Mark 16:19; John 14:2-3; Acts 1:9-11 Philippians 2:5-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Hebrews 9:28
• We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins. Romans 5:11; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12,22
• We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of Christ. Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38-39; 19:1-6
• We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a distinct aspect of the Christian foundational experience with the primary evidence of speaking in tongues as well as evidences such as empowerment to witness, to conquer sin and to live a holy life. Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; 19:6
• We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and the perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith. 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1; Galatians 5:16-26; Ephesians 5:18
• We believe that since the Bible is the inspired Word of God, it is then authoritative in all areas of human behavior, including marriage, family, sexuality, morality, and ethics.
• We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as manifested in the Early Church and enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14
• We believe in the healing of the body by Divine Power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church.
• We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers.
• We believe in eternal life for believers (John 3:16; 5:24) and eternal punishment for unbelievers.
• We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and eternal judgment of Satan and his angels.
IN ADDITION TO THESE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS WE ALSO HOLD THAT:
• The church of Jesus Christ is the last instrument the God is using to extend His kingdom prior to the second coming of Christ. Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 1:20-23; 3:10
• The local church is autonomous, that is, it is self-governing, self-supporting, and self-propagating in its mature state. Acts 2; 13:1-4
• The biblical form of church government is a plurality of elders with a Lead Pastor who all qualify on the basis of 1 Timothy 3 in spiritual life, character, domestic life and ruling ability.
• Every believer in Christ must be subject to God’s authority in a specific local church for spiritual protection and long term fruitfulness. Hebrews 13:17
• The theological framework for understanding all of God’s dealings with mankind is to be found in the divine covenants revealed in Scripture.
• We believe in the public gathering of the Church together for prayer, worship, teaching and preaching of the Bible and the administering of the sacraments of the church. Acts 2; I Corinthians 11; Hebrews 10:25